MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Our Forum, My friends

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Our Forum, My friends

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Terri

This morning when the Lord opened a window to Heaven, he saw me,
    and He asked:

My child, what is your greatest wish for today? I responded: “Lord
    please, take care of the person who is reading this message, their
    family and their special friends. They deserve it and I love them very much”

The love of God is like the ocean, you can see its beginnings but not its end.

ANGELS EXIST, but some times, since they don’t all have wings we call them FRIENDS, SUCH AS YOU.

sarah

Thank you Terri for sharing this with us. Its beautiful!

gemloyear

Terri, thank you I needed that, today you are the ANGEL.
    Ellie

Terri

I got that from My Sister and I am not sure but she must have sensed I have been having some heavy stress issues lately, job etc and I don’t like discussing with Bob he has enough to worry about and holding stuff inside is hard. I have not talked to her about it but the message was perfect timing for me.

Marsha

Terri

Thanks for the message it comes at the perfect time. God Bless, Marsha

Carrie

Likewise, this comes at the perfect time for me.

Thank you,
    Carrie

Kathryn

Thank you Terri. I really needed that as well.

My father has decided to go ahead w/ the Trisenox…the doc. encouraged him to sign a Living Will… His counts were down to 5 today – after 2 bags last Monday – and I suppose this is his last option… I so hope the benefits outweigh the risks & potential discomfort… Please keep him in your prayers.

I am sorry you are having challenges. I know what you mean about not wanting to discuss them w/ Bob. My family possibly moving is one I avoid w/ my dad. I would never leave him anyway, but he would worry.

I will keep you both in my prayers… thank you for yours.

xo,

Kathryn

Terri

Kathryn, When Bob did his first go around of Vidaza last year after the second time the doctor said I don’t think it is working, We did another then a BMB and the doctor was surprised at the results, and continued for three more and the blast got to normal. Unfortunately after seven months they started coming back so now he is back on it but more like a mtc type thing since all counts are hanging pretty good. I am surprised that your dads doctor isnt giving it a little more time but then again everyone reacts differently to it.
    Thank you for the kind words

KP2112

Terri, thanks for those kind words, really they were very nice. Something sometimes needed to reassure us all that we are thinking of each other in these ups and downs of MDS.

Kathryn, I hope the Trisenox works for your father. His counts may be low at first but hopefully they will bounce back again. I think that if it is not effective as required, perhaps there would be a combination that they could give your father.

You are all in my thoughts,
    Karen

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert