MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

painful bone marrow biopsy procedure

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board painful bone marrow biopsy procedure

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Jimbob

Jerry,
    I got a reply back from my BMT doc. He says they will NOT use Versed as it tends to cause prolonged drowsiness and should not be used if one has liver problems. Many of us do have liver problems from all of the drugs we have had to take and a lot of us have chronic fatigue, too. Guess my next BMB/A will just be done with a local and Ativan again.
    Jim

Jerry

Jim …

Jack Daniels, Canadian Club ???

The liver issue may well be true, I do not have liver problems. But the drowsiness wears off for me within an hour. Hmmmm… be sure to get that Ativan then. Good luck …

Jerry

Jimbob

Jerry,
    I never was much of a drinker. Liver was damaged from having to go through chemo twice in a short time, many, MANY transfusions,and all of the different prescription drugs prior to and after transplant. I guess total body irradiation didn’t help much either.

Frankie

Well…you guys are pikers.
    My oncologist/hemo said to keep doing whatever it is I’m doing….because my labs are great. Funny you mentioned Jack Daniels…just bought a fifth yesterday…haha…love my Manhattans. Jerry, I think you and I are on the same wave length. LOL

Frankie

Jerry

Frankie …

Jack Daniels and some good Italian garlic bread …

Jerry

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert