MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

passing of my mil

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board passing of my mil

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Carruth

I have very sad news today. My mother-in-law (Frannie) passed away this afternoon around 3:00. She was admitted to the hospital almost two weeks ago with fever, diagnosed with pneumonia, and didn’t respond to any drugs.

She fought this disease until she was just to sick to do anything but try to breathe. Even yesterday (Sat.) she was talking about being home for Thanksgiving. We are thankful she didn’t suffer very long and so proud of her courage and bravery. The aml returned and progressed so quickly.

I wasn’t with her at the exact moment of her death, but had sat beside her in the hospital bed for hours holding her hands, stroking her hair and talking to her. Right when my husband and I left to get a bite, she passed away. My husband’s brother was with her. We didn’t know it would be so quick, since the doctor had said it would probably be several more days.

We are rejoicing that she is face to face with the God of the universe and no longer suffering.

Thank you all for your support. God bless.

Stacey

deb m

Stacey,
    i’m so sorry to hear of your MIL’s passing. i’ll be thinking of you and your family.
    deb

Carruth

Deb,
    I know you are missing your dad. It will probably take a while to really sink in for us, huh? Thinking about you, too. Thank you.

jaxem

sorry about your mil. she is so better off now than consumed with this evil, evil disease. god bless her!

deb m

Stacey,
    yes, it’s very unreal right now. it seems there’s been a lot of sadness on this list just recently.
    deb

Carruth

Thank you, Jack. You must miss your wife so much! How wonderful you were to her. Hope you are doing well.

Jo L.

Stacey –
    I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your mother-in-law. How wonderful that you and your husband could spend time with her and let her know you loved her. I am sure you were a great comfort to her in her final days. God bless you and your family.

Jo L.

choijk

Stacey,
    I am so sorry for your loss. There are no words that I can offer to heal the pain, except thoughts and prayers that God will ease the pain during these days and the days ahead. Shalom.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert