MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Passing of My Wife

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Passing of My Wife

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    jaxem

My wife, Roseann, lost her valiant fight against this evil disease on 9/16/08. She was initially diagnosed with MDS-RAEB2 pentasomy 8 which following chemo turned to monosomy 7. She had gotten MDS following breast surgery chemo (adriamycin). Her siblings were never a match for her and she never qualified for a cord transplant due to the amount of her blasts. She went through induction chemo (MEC) which had a severe impact on her. She had congestive heart failure (CHF) either caused by the MEC or the adriamycin. Putting on extra fluids either from transfusions or hydration following infection fights would slow her heart’s injection fraction below 20%. About 3 months ago we tried for a haplo transplant using our son’s natural killer cells and stem cells but were discouraged due to the fragility of her condition which could never withstand the pre-transplant process. In thinking back over the 3 years of treatment she has withstood, I know she is in a better place now.

Thank you all for your comments and understanding at this difficult time. I shall continue to offer comments to the Forum from my experiences learned.

3kids1dog

Jack-

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I have been thinking of you and your wife when I have been reading the post and wondering how you both were. May God bless you and your family.

eve

jack

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this most difficult time

eve

Jack,
    I am so glad you are back on the board. Ricky tells me he has talked to you. I think of you often and wish I had gotten to know both you and Roseanne better. She was a valiant fighter. Another gentleman checked in here at the lodge about a week ago. He also has AML and was going to have the Haplo with the natural killer cells. But, he has gotten double pneumonia and they don’t think he will come out of it. When I compare he and Roseanne the only similarity is the diagnosis and the will to live and those who love them. To look at him, he looks healthy and doesn’t appear weak or worn out by the disease. It goes to show I guess that you never know who is going to survive their fight and who isn’t. It is as you said a horrible, insidious disease.

Barry and I continue to battle for remission. His MDS and AML were in remission at the last bmb on Sept. 8th. But, now he has ALL. Noone here has ever had a patient that has had this happen. They call him, bizarre, exotic, strange, and very, very rare. He will have another bmb on Thursday. We hope it will be empty so he can rest a couple of weeks and then get his transplant. I worry as he gets weaker and weaker.
    Bev

Marcla

Jack…. I am a fairly new member of the forum and have followed your posts as you and Roseanne fought a valiant battle against this awful disease. Thank you for staying with the forum to share the vast knowledge that you have acquired throughout these years… Look to the happy memories for comfort. May God give you peace during the days to come… Marla

LynnI
    Participant

I am so sorry for your loss my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Words can’t describle the appreication of your continued support for the rest of us with your wisdom and knowledge.

Take care
    Lynn

Mary4Mike
    Participant

Jack,

I can’t begin to express how sorry I am for the loss of your wife. From your posts, it was evident that she put up an admirable fight against this horrid disease.

I am so thankful that you will continue to read and share all that you have learned during this battle that you and your wife have just been through. It is appreciated more than you will ever know.

As hard as it is to admit, yes, your wife is in a better place now. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Mary and Mike

Zoe

Jack,

I am truely sorry to hear about your wife. She fought a valient battle. I will pray for you and your family.

Zoe

CarolineG

Jack,

Please accept my condolences over the loss of your wife. I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.

Blessings,
    Caroline

Alice S
    Participant

Jack
    I am so sorry to hear your news, I had hoped that the silence was good news. She is in a better place, but it does not lessen the pain of losing her. Mom died September 19, I am starting to miss her very badly, but not the MDS and everything she had to go through the last 4 years.

God has more Angels and we have memories, you were a fantastic husband and pillar of strength. She is safe and happy now. I will light another candle.
    Take care, write to my email if you wish.
    Alice

czaring

I only came across your name recently as you were mentioned as somebody who really knows their stuff. As you went through your own personal struggles … you should be proud of the fact that you offered comfort and wisdom to others here at this forum. My thoughts are with you and your family for your loss.

choijk

Jack,
    I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. I too thought, ‘No news is good news.’ She put a great fight and was very lucky to have you by her side throughout it all. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

katiebear

Jack,

I’m very sorry for your loss. I will be thinking and praying for you during this difficult time.

Katie

sdrake

Jack,

I am so sorry to hear of your wife’s passing. She is indeed in a better place. This disease is brutal. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Your wife was blessed to have you by her side.

Take care,
    Shari

poppyshope

Oh Jack, I am so sorry- I just emailed you the other day- I too was hoping that no news was good news. I will pray for you and your family- May god keep you in his care always, Jen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert