MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Patti,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    karenkay

I live in Mtn. Home. It is east of Boise. If you find yourself coming to Idaho, wouldn’t it be nice to meet in person?
    There is a lot of building going on around here. Mountain Home is still a nice place to live, but I wish we had more in the way of good medical treatment for serious illness.
    Feel free to contact me privately if you need any info.
    God bless you,
    Karenk
    ps, I am glad to hear you guys like the new doc. We will be seeing doctor walters on Dec. 14. I haven’t even told my dad about the switch yet because he will just get confused between now and then. I am sure I will be happy with the switch if for no other reason than just doing SOMETHING about all of this.

patti

Hi Karen,

My best friend’s mom lives in Mtn. Home. My uncle lived there for years when I was little. We used to visit. We lived in Boise for 5yrs. (from ’90-’95) Moved here for my husband’s job and we have always wanted to get back to the cold, dry weather, low taxes, nicer area all around. We go to Boise several times a year to visit because we still have so many friends there (even our best friends are still there).

I would love to meet you when I go there. It’s a date. I know when mom goes home to the Lord we will be moving back there. We do not have room in our home for my SIL and we have already outgrown it with our business here too so it will be time. We already said we will never buy another home here and in order for us to hire employees we need to move to another state. It’s too expensive here. Just writing about it is making me smile. I realllllyyyy miss my home. I grew up in Portland, OR and only lived 5 yrs in Idaho but I still consider Idaho my home. Funny, huh?

Take good care. I’ll let you know when we’re there either on our next trip or when we go house hunting. It would be fun to meet.

I look forward to hearing if you like Dr. Walters any better.

Best wishes,

Patti

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert