MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Peanuts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bhanson

We went to a new accupunturist from China and she gave us this recipe that they use in China for MDS. I thought I would post it just to give us another option. In China, they use this to boost all the numbers affected by MDS:

Tea

1 lb. unsalted raw peanuts in shell (I order mine from the internet)

Remove shell and peanut, but SAVE the red peanut peels, the peanut paper.

Put peels in pan with 5 cups of water. Gently boil 1 hour. Drink 1/3 cup a day. Ieep refriderated. Continue for 2 months.

I know this sounds wierd, but I also know of a place in San Francisco that is selling peanut milk and it is helping all kinds of people. You can’t get it here yet, I don’t think. The address is:
    http://peanutmilk.net/en/

We are going to try it. The pineapple and seasame seeds and noni are going fine. We are seeing some increase in the platelets from 49 to 58, thanks to you all. We will keep you posted on results. Best regards, Bernard and Bonnie

Jimbob

one of the doctors of Chinese Medicine here in Oregon suggested that I get the peanut skins from a company that tmakes peanut butter or process peanuts in other ways. Couldn’t find them but used other natural methods suggested by another doctor of OM/acupunturist/naturapathic physician.

bhanson

Great idea. I did find a place with Virginia raw peanuts already shelled, but you have to skin em!! I’ll try anything. Thanks for the idea. Bonnie

My Dad has MDS and had done stem cell transplants. During his stay in the hospital, we were told by a well intentioned nurse that some drink peanut soup to boost platelet counts. I do not have the proper recipe but it is a chinese style clear soup where peanuts are doubled boiled with pork ribs (think peanuts’ shells included). We have it at least once a week before my Dad visits his consultant. UNSURE IF THE SOUP REALLY WORKS but his platelet counts have held steady so far.

sugarwhale

Dear Bernard and Bonnie,
    What a wonderful, new idea! Peanut tea! I can tell you right now that my mom is going to give it a good try! Thank you so very much!
    ~~~ Janet

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert