MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Positive Update

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Positive Update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Terri

Bob starts his next round of Vidaza next week. Doctor is spreading them out to every 6 weeks and this has been a plus for his counts. HGB back up to 11.1, Reds are norm, whites norm and plts up to 78. We will do the every six wks for awhile giving Bob some time to recoup in between, If he is still maintaining with good counts then maybe every 8 wks.
    Today Is actually his 60’th birthday so yesterdays counts were good news. He is still doing all of the vitamins and supplements and besides the B12 just added a Bcomplex in addition to all of the Immune support supplements.

My prayers are with everyone on this forum.

Carrie

YAY! I’m so glad Vidaza seems to be working for him!!!!

smile

Carrie

eve

terri

what wonderful news

wish bob a very happy birthday

eve

shirlsgirl

Hi Terri,

Happy Birthday to Bob!!

Thanks for sharing your great news. smile

Jody

gemloyear

Hi Terri, Happy Birthday To Bob.Glad that his counts are up and he is doing so well. It seems that he is doing everything right. Great news!!
    Ellie

Marsha

Hi Terri,

What a good birthday present Bob, keep it up

god bless, Marsha

Kathy G

Good news Terri- My Dad will being starting round 5 on Monday too. He did 4 rounds and they did a BMB and doc saw improvement. Dad wanted a couple more weeks off to enjoy things before starting again. They are also lowering his dosage – it was pretty high so we’ll see how it goes.

Congrats on the positive news!

Kathy

Terri

Thank you all, I it wonderful to have just friends and support

mommachkate

Hi Terri, I am so happy for you and Bob. Happy birthday Bob, I hope you had a wonderfull party.Best wishes Kate

geebeebee

Very good news! Here’s to it continuing!

Greg

Kathy G

Terri-
    My dad wanted to know the dosage of Vidaza Bob is on and I guess his weight too as that impacts the dosage. Hope you don’t mind the question.

Thanks,

Kathy

Suzanne

Happy Birthday Bob, And I am so happy things are going well for you!

Terri

Kathy Bob gets the same dose that was recommended at the start of the trials
    75 mg/m2 two shots of 75 mg each I believe. His weight is approx 200 lbs. But I think the nurses at one time mentioned 132 mg total at one point so it is in that area. the 132 is broken down into the two shots.

Kathy G

Thanks Terri – I can’t remember my Dad’s dosage. Hope Bob is doing well enjoying the week-end before Vidaza.

Kathy

Kathryn

Happy Birthday Bob!!!

I am so glad to hear some good news!!!! Terri, I hope that things continue to go well and that Bob’s New Year is filled w/ love, laughter, peace, health, and wonderful moments that make wonderful memories.

You guys are in my thoughts & prayers.

Kathryn

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert