MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Prayers Needed

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Prayers Needed

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    moyeral

Even though I hardly post, I am thankful for the wealth of information this forum has given me in regards to my grandmother’s MDS (she is 66 and has RAEB subtype with 5% blasts).

Today I would like to ask for prayers. She is going into the hospital tomorrow for her second SCT. She will start her more aggressive chemotherapy as soon as she gets her room tomorrow.

Since her last SCT (9/05) her condition has worsened. She gets platletes once a week and sometimes twice and a blood transfusion every two weeks. She is on Exjade from her iron and recently began to suffer with multiple compression fractures thought to be from the first chemo regiment.

She is in so much pain at this point, she continues to say if the SCT does work this time, that is it. It feels like do or die.

She and our family will appreciate as much prayer as we can get. Thank you.

April

Terri

prayers are coming your way, I will keep your Grandmother in my thoughts, Hope all goes well

chuckk333

I have just sent an arrow prayer for your grandmother. May she do well this time.

bety

My prayers are with your grandmother, with you and your family. My niece had a SCT about 5 years ago for a different condition. It was tough, but she had a very good recovery. I pray that your grandmother’s recovery is at least as satisfactory as my niece’s.
    All the best, bety

jaxem

moyeral
    my prayers go with her. may i ask what type of donor sct she is getting? what kind of chemo regimen did she get to cause fractures? she is not that old to have this happen to her. some day not too far in the future they’ll look back and say, “they put toxic chemicals into a person’s heart as a cure for cancer?” chemo given after my wife’s breast cancer surgery is what gave her mds. makes you think of the days when they used leeches to bleed people. we’ve got a way to go! sorry for being so cynical.

Alice S
    Participant

My prayers comming your way for your gandmother and you.
    Alice

waltraut

Positive thoughts and Prayers.

Waltraut

Bkwits

What is your Grandmother’s first name? It helps me to personalize prayers. I will be sending prayers and positive thoughts for her.
    Barb

moyeral

I want to thank everyone for their prayers. We had a very long day at the hospital and she is still waiting for a room (12+ hours after getting there). She will start Fludaribine (spelling?) tonight.

My grandmother’s name is Janet.

Her first donor was her brother who was an identical match, but this time it is an unrelated 9/10 match.

They aren’t clear exactly which chemo hastened the compression fractures, but she had three chemos last time, fludaribine, campath and cytoxan. I have read a paper on the web around how SCT patients can have their bones weakened through chemo and then causing compression fractures. They ruled out everything else like osteoporosis and falls or accidents.

Again, thanks for your prayers.

Russ P.

Prayers for you and your grandmother.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert