MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Procrit and travel overseas

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Procrit and travel overseas

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    DJO

I take procrit twice a week. How can I preserve it when it must be kept cold? Does anyone have experience traveling overseas or any suggestions?

Jerry

DJO ….

Yes, I take Procrit twice a week also. Debbie and I travel quite a bit and take it with us. Each month, our pharmacy delivers it to our house in a cold pack which will keep it the right temperature for up to 48 hours. Then, I put the frozen cold pack part in the refrigerator until we need it.Then, we have the hotel where we are staying put a small refrigerator in our room and keep the Procrit there until we need it. If that is impossible, you could get some ice and keep the Procrit cool (not frozen) until you need it. All of this depends, of course, on where you are going and for how long. My doctor always gives us the option of taking extra Procrit before we go or holding off until we get back home. In Feb. we are going on a 15 day cruise and we are taking it and putting it in the room refridgerator (if it will fit next to the beer!). I hope this is of some help to you.

Jerry

Jimbob

I di the same thing when I was taking epogen 3 times a week. It went with us when we took a t day Alaska cruise, in an insulated lunch bag with an ice pack not touching it and then in the cabin refrigerator on board the ship. No problems. Hope you can work something similar with your Procrit.
    Jim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert