MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Procrit and white cells

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Procrit and white cells

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lynne
    Participant

I have had 5 weekly Procrit injections,and now my white cell count has gone down,which was never a problem before. Comments?

sugarwhale

Dear Lynne,
    I probably can’t help you; however, my mom is allergic to the PRESERVATIVE in procrit injections. She really had a ghastly time. Hang on in here: Someone will know the answer and help you!
    ~~~ Janet

Neil

Hi Lynne,
    Am also on Procrit.(25 months) In my case I get a bump in WBC for a couple days and it goes back to my “normal” level.
    Has the decline been consistent from the time you started on Procrit or is it very recent? Sometimes my WBC moves around goes to 1.1 and up to 1.7. I kind of expect to find my counts within this range when I get a CBC prior to my shot.
    If my ANC goes to 500 my doc plans to start me on Neupogen. You may wish to discuss this with your doc and see if he fels Neup might be in order.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert