MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

raeb2 amicar and atra

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board raeb2 amicar and atra

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    robert rogus
    Participant

My husband has been diagnosed with RAEB2. His platelet count is now 11,000. His doctors would like to prescribe amicar . Amicar is very expensive and the prescribed dose is 18 pills a day. This is very difficult. Does anyone have any experience with it or is there any substitute drug ?? Also they are considering him for a trial on Atra. He has to qualify first. Has anyone had any experience with this drug.
    Thank you, Lenore (Robert’s wife)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Lenore, I would try contacting Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy – here is their toll free number 1-877-977-9118. They can help provide clinical and reimbursement solutions for you. They have a dedicated team to help patients gain access to their medications. It is a free service and they also work with various prescription funding programs, pharmaceutical manufacturers, and other resources to find financial assistance for patients. I hope this helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert