MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Raise funds for mds when you search

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Raise funds for mds when you search

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jga_socal

The Winter edition of the Aplastic Anemia & MDS International Foundation newsletter has a sidebar on how you can raise money for mds/aa when you do your normal internet searching. The newsletter is a pdf HERE . See page 5.
    Basically it works like this. You do your searching from goodsearch.com instead of google.com or yahoo.com. Actually goodsearch.com gives the same exact search results as yahoo.com. How do you earn aamds.org money? By clicking on ‘sponsored’ links on the right side of the search results page or in the blue box (if it exists) at the top of search results page. When you click on a sponsored link, the charity (aamds.org) gets 1 cent. That is $0.01. Not much, but it can add up! Tell all your friends to use goodsearch. They will be helping you/us. A couple of important points before you go click-crazy.
    First, on the goodsearch.com search page, go to the box below the search box where it says “enter your charity here..” Type in ‘aplastic’ and click the ‘verify’ button. The aamds foundation text will show up. You only have to do this once. From then on, the right charity will always show up. If The MDS Foundation wants to setup a charity at goodsearch, then I’ll be more than happy to support it instead since they have provided this wonderful forum.
    Secondly, do NOT start clicking sponsored links like crazy. Yahoo will easily detect that and think it is ‘cick fraud’. goodsearch may then ban aamds from the website. Just use goodsearch as your default search page, but dont be afraid of clicking the sponsored links once in a while. wink You can configure your browser to make goodsearch your default search page.
    I have researched 14 such ‘charity search’ engines and found goodsearch.com to be the best.
    Jim

choijk

Jim, thank you for this post! I have started to use goodsearch.com. I will also spread the news to friends and family.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert