MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

RARS Vidaza

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board RARS Vidaza

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Gayle D

My husband, Grover, is getting ready to start his 2nd round next week on Vidaza. I know that many people try this and that -5q respond best to this. However, Grover has one abnormality/defect at 9q….. I am curious if there are others with RARS and how did they respond to Vidaza? Grover had to have tx right before the start of the 1st Vidaza round and his counts have remained apprx where they were after the tx and 1st round. Dr says that the counts may go down further, to not be surprised… and that Vidaza can take several rounds before any benefits are seen. Anyone have any remarks? Thanks

Terri

Bob is RAEB-t and so far the Vidaza seems to be helping him. Dr says there really is no track record from the mfg as far as when a person takes How to Adjust. Last year BOb did 6 rounds, his blast when back down to Normal and so did his WBC. His counts stayed good for 7 months and then the blast were back up and so were the whites. Now he wants to Maintain him and see how far we can spread out the vidaza, we are now at 6 weeks inbetween each cycle. IF his counts stay holding then after ahile we will go to every 2 months. Don’t want to stop entirely since last time the blast just came back. I am getting the feeling that the Vidaza is not going to put someone in a full remission but just keeping the disease at bay so it does not turn into full blown AML. No track record to know if that is true, Just my opinion.
    We are pleased with the results and So is Bob’s doctor. Counts do go down during the treatments.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert