MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Recently dx with MDS

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Recently dx with MDS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Juliann Morrison
    Participant

I have been diagnosed with MDS. This is after chemo and radiation for triple negative breast cancer. I have the SF3B1 mutation and have not started treatment. I wanted to get a second opinion but the university hospitals my oncologist recommended don’t accept my insurance. I have a BCBS PPO policy thru the market place as I am no longer able to work full-time. I want to verify that I can monitor my condition and not have to start chemo now. Does anyone have suggestions.

Thanks,
    Julie Morrison

Ashley Moncrief

Hi Julie,

Thanks so much for writing in! I am the current Director of Patient Care for the foundation. If you would like to send me an email at amoncrief@mds-foundation.org or give me a call at 1-800-637-0839 ext. 210, I would be happy to help you find a center for a second opinion appointment.

Look forward to talking with you soon.

Ashley

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert