MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Reg: Dr. Peter Greenberg in Standford

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Reg: Dr. Peter Greenberg in Standford

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kerrylai

Hi,
    Thank you for two people who response me regarding this doctor.

I had make appointment with Dr. Greenberg for my dad in mid of Aug. I want to know more about this doctor before we transfer from UCSF to Standford. So far, we just take this as second opinion for my dad (72, recently found MDS, prior had CLL since 2003).

As far as I know both UCSF and Standford are research/school insitution, Currently my dad’s primary doctor is Dr. Damon in UCSF, he is nice guy but very busy man. We can not see him everytime during my dad’s CLL treatment. I want to know if this is common situation for Dr. Greenberg ?

Due to second opinion, we need to transfer all of my dad’s medical history to Standford, I know that we do not need get conset from the current doctor. however, they also required ” born marrow Biopsy Slides”, do we need current doctor agree to take this ? I wonder if there is only one piece of this ? or they will have few copeis.

thank you

kerry

Suzanne

There is only one set of actual slides. When Hopkins asked for mine, my current Dr. did not have them. The sample had been sent to an outside lab to be read and they were at that lab not in the doctors possession. I am not sure we ever were successful in getting them transferred. They definitely were not there in time for my first consultation. Hopkins wanted to run their own BMB anyway. And I did not really get any information there until my second visit when they had those results.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert