MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Revlimid and Medicare

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Revlimid and Medicare

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Patsi

I have had good insurance to pay for my extremely expensive Revlimid (over $7000 a month). I am going to be retiring soon. When I check the prescription Part D, the least expensive plan, just for the revlimid itself is over $10,000 a year. Is anyone on medicare and revlimid that could help me find resources on this? Thanks.

I took Revlimid for awhile (over 1 year). I have Part D, and yes, the co-pays are still SO expensive. Contact the Chronic Disease Fund. If you qualify you may be able to get help with the co-pays. I did. I was surprised that a lot of people would qualify with the the financial requirements they have. I see you posted this in May. Hope you see this answer. I will check the forum from time to time to see if you respond. I could get in touch with you personally to provide you with more details. The financial help I received was GREAT. Wish Revlimid had been the drug for me. There were various side effects and no clear-cut indications that it was helping while I was on the drug. But I seemed to make improvement after getting off it. I am also 5q del. Currently in sort of a "remission" stage. I have been off Revlimid since last August, and I have not had a transfusion since last October. This is nice!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert