MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Revlimid and severe diarrhea

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Revlimid and severe diarrhea

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Gail Ellis
    Participant

My husband has been on 5mg of Revlimid for the past 5 days. He is suffering from severe diarrhea. Last night he fell in the bathroom and he is a mess. He bruised his arm and it is totally black, hit his eye socket and has a black eye plus abrasions all over his face. We really need for Revlimid to work because he is has tried procrit and lustrapet with no results. He has a transfusion at least once a month, now every three weeks. He is drinking lots of water, just bananas, rice, and toast. He is also taking Immodium as indicated. Would appreciate any advice people in same situation can give. MDS, 5Q

KAREN WITMER
    Participant

I had a lot of GI issues and finally saw the gastroenterologist
    . He said try the FODMAP diet ( IBS diet, you can look it up and there are books). It worked! My hematologist did not know to tell me this. Also, this is just my theory but I think taking a lot of antacids etc might reduce the effectiveness of the Revlimid. I have been feeling well and taking Rev for a year and a half @ 5 mg 21 days a month. My doctor didn’t want me to stop the rev despite the discomfort I was having. I hope this helps and that he will feel better.

lisab
    Participant

I’ve been on 5mg for almost 4 years and had some diarrhea issues. Fortunately imodium has continued to help. The pharmacist at the hospital told me that there is a prescription for diarrhea that works well on people that take revlimid. I’m not sure what the name is but maybe your doctor or pharmacist could help with that.
    Best wishes

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert