MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Revlimid Rash

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Revlimid Rash

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lizab.

I’ve been on Revlimid 10 mgm for about 10 days now and have broken out in a truly horrible itchy rash…I’ve had mild psoriasis in the past but this is all over and…I’m not going into too many gruesome details but you get the idea.
    I’m in Canada. Only two people im my province were approved (both 5q syndrome) the other persons platlet count plummeted and I’m scratching. I was told last week that it is a learning experience for us all…
    Has anyone else been there, done this ? Or made any changes which have helped ? I’ve added Benadryl to the mix so now of course I’m sleepy as well as itchy.
    And grumpy
    Liz.

Frankie

Oh {{{Liz}}}
    That is a pain. I had an itchy scalp for about 2 weeks and then it stopped.
    Check with your pharmacist. He/she can recommend an over the counter soap until the itchiness stops. Or do a Google search for anti itch soaps.

Frankie

lizab.

Thank you so much for getting back to me Frankie…i hadn’t thought of an anti-itch soap…in fact didn’t know such a thing existed. Excellent idea…This is a good place !
    Liz.

gemloyear

Hi Liz, My husband never took Revlimid, but on more than one occasion he developed terribly itchy rashes. I guess it goes with the territory of having a lowered immune system. The Dr. referred him to a dermatologist who prescribed triamcinolone acetonide cream 0.1%, this worked great. Later for yet another rash he was given a higher dose of o.5% . I have also used this in a lotion form. Both formulas worked well. You should really consult with your Dr. re: your rash, especially due to the fact that you are prone to psorasis. There are other serious rashes that are common to Mds & leukemia patients so best to be on the safe side. Good luck with clearing up your itch, they can really be a pain.Takecare,
    Ellie

Kirby

Hi Liz, I’ve been on Revlimid for 8 months, I have itching at times but not seriously. I take one Tylenol PM at night to help go to sleep and
    to help with the itching (it has benedryl), that usually works. If I have more itching than normal I will add another benedryl.
    Revlimid has has worked very well for me, my platelets are holding around 140.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert