MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Rover chair? Scooter?

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Rover chair? Scooter?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Britt

I’m not sure the name of what I’m looking for, however, it is a motorized piece of equipment that allow a person to get around by themselves. Does anyone on this list have one or something similar to what I am trying to describe? Patrick is so exhausted and gets out of breath just getting out of his chair and going to the mail box. Which is okay, but it limits him to the house and/or going on rides. With the right piece of equipment I believe he would have a better quality of life. There are lots of places he could go that have paved trails where he could go and enjoy mother nature even in his incapacitated state of being currently. If anyone knows of an organization that loans these out to people with disabilities that would be extremely helpful. Thank you for your input.
    Sincerely,
    Britt
    ——————-
    Partner (62) dx secondary MDS RARS March 06 Kaiser. Infusions approx weekly, given Revlimid. After 3 weeks platelets fell to 32, taken off revlimid. At 22 received 1 unit plt, 6-6-6 plt count 8, rec’d 1 unit plt. Taking Exjade for iron overload.

bhanson

Britt, You want a motorized scooter. There is a used one for sale at a retirement home here in Walla Walla. You might go on Craigs list or look in the classifieds for a used one. I don’t know how much the one here is, but I can check. My brother has one for himself and his wife and they can go all over. they are great. Good luck, Bonnie

Naomi

Britt:
    Check with the Red Cross. They have all sort of implements that they loan to people. If they do not have one they may be able to point you in the right direction.
    Naomi

Terri

Bob has one from Hoverround, Insurance paid most. Thank goodness since Bob has recently had a set back, Just released from hospital, Brain bleed in the lining which has given him neurologic deficiencies. We have been on an emotional roller coaster. The bleed is a result of Low platelets, even though Bobs are always consistants, The bleed was going on slowing for sometime, but it now is pressing on the part of the brain that effects his motor skills. We have had to adjust our lives dramatically.
    I am scared to death and trying so hard to keep up a good front for him.

Britt

Dear Everyone: Thank you for your responses. I do appreciate you all and will follow your leads.
    Britt

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert