MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Season'sGreetings from a newby!

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Season'sGreetings from a newby!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Warren V.

I just wanted to take a moment to wish everyone here a Merry Christmas! I am currently on my 3rd day of Chemo at Moffitt in Tampa and will be here for another month. I was orriginally scheduled for a BMT with a 10 out of 10 match on Jan. 15 ’06, however my blast cells jumped from 9% on 10.17 to 37% on 12.19. So here I sit inpatient at Moffitt for the next month. Thank God I have a lap top and an amzing wife..I would surely lose my mind without either. LOL I hope all of us remeber to look at our lives beyond our circumstances this Holiday Season and find the time to celebrate our own Lives and see the blesings that are there through our suffering.

Suzanne

Good luck to you. There is lots of support here. Having been where you are I can tell you you will make it through and it will pass faster then you think.(I am sure it seems faster looking back then it did during the captivity!)My lap top and contact with people here and everyone else supporting me was a wonderful help. Here is wishing a full remission, a successful transplant, and a wonderful disease free 2006 for you!!

sugarwhale

Dear Wayne,
    Welcome to our Forum. You’ve come to the right place! The people here will support you, and we’re all friends. I think you’re probably in good hands at Moffitt. I’ve heard that they’re nothing but the very best. We welcome you and we wish you the very best!
    Happy Holidays!
    ~~~ Janet

karenkay

Merry Christmas and Welcome! I hope you have a complete remission and the BMT goes well. I am happy to meet you and hear your uplifting words. Yes, there are many blessings around.
    God bless,
    Karenk

hope&faith

Merry Xmas and I wish you a wonderful 2006. God bless you. My DAD is going in on the 2or3rd of jan. at UCSF. So, please pray for him as I will pray for you.

Hope&Faith

Jimbob

Warren,
    It is a shame to have to spend the holidays in the hospital but thank God you have the oportunity to do so instead of going to meet your Maker before we even get a chance to get to know you. I know what you mean about having access to a computer and having a wonderful wife. I would have gone absolutely nuts without both 2 years ago when I was in for a month at a time.
    I’l add you to my prayer list and hope to be able to follow your progress for a long time.
    Jim

diner

Warren, I hope time is going fast for you in the hospital. I’ve been there a few times myself. I pray your BMT will go well. I know what you and Jimbob mean about having wonderful spouses. The only thing I need to get is a laptop. wink I have a desk top computer but don’t always feel like sitting at the desk. My husband said we need to keep our eyes open for me a laptop. Take care and nice to meet you. Dee

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert