MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

should i start vidaza treatment now?

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board should i start vidaza treatment now?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    frank
    Participant

i have suvived with MDS for 8 years, with blood transfusion. recently my transfusion period begin to shorten(1 month now). my Doctor want me to start the vidaza treatment, which i had a pretty rough experience 7 years ago(infection, drug reaction, stay in hospital for 15 days), but i do have some responce in the last try-out(free for transfusion for 6 month).

since i am still young, so i decide to try it again. but some research i did last couple days, suggest me not doing it. someone have experience on the low-risk MDS?

admin1

Dear Frank, Second opinions can be useful to evaluate the appropriateness of the treatment plan. A second opinion need not mean that you’re changing doctors, however; if you wish to seek the advice of another hematologist who has particular expertise in MDS, a second opinion can be very useful in helping you and your preferred doctor to fine-tune your treatment plan. If you would like to seek a second opinion, please contact the MDS Foundation at 800-MDS (637)-0839 and we can arrange a preferential appt. for you at one of our MDS Centers of Excellence.

frank
    Participant

I began my vidaza treatment from April 1st, this week should be the worse one. I got blood yesterday, and will se my doc tomorrow. hope everything is okay.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert