MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Some good news

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Some good news

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    camiboxer

Just came from my dads Dr. appt with his hemo. The test results on the chromsomes were finally in. No abnormal chromosomes. Good news for once. All of his numbers are holding. He feels good and actually said that if he continued to feel the way he feels now for the rest of his life he would consider himself a lucky man.
    The Dr. said that he hoped dad had what he has for many years to come. Explained *finally* to my dad and step mother that MDS is not curable but if you have to have MDS, what dad has (RARS) is one of the more preferred versions.
    So, no more appts until the end of January. At least (God willing) we can put aside our thoughts of this dreaded disease thru the holidays and enjoy life.

gemloyear

Susi, Wonderful news,take good care of your Dad.
    Ellie

Jack_dup1

Susi,
    Great news, now enjoy the rest of the year.
    Jack

Jerry

Susi …

Whoopie!! … now, relax and enjoy the Holidays … I am very happy for you …

Jerry

PS: Got the news from the Dr’s yesterday that if nothing changes I can go to NYC for the Heisman awards in Dec and to Maui in Jan … we were worried about kidney dialysis but it looks ok for now … so, I am looking forward to the holidays too … will watch OSU (hopefully) in the national championship game from Hawaii … J

Caroline

Susi,

Wonderful news !!! Go ahead and enjoy your holidays.

Blessings,
    Caroline

shirlsgirl

Yay! Susi, that is great news!!

Hey, Jerry! You sound like a big football fan… Michael (my hubby) is too smile . I’m so glad that you’ll be able to attend the Heisman awards and your wonderful trip to Maui!! That’s something special to really look forward too.

all the best,

Jody

camiboxer

Hard to live in Ohio and NOT be a football fan. It is nearly a requirement….I think they put something in our water. HAHA
    Thanks for all the well wishes. Yesterday was a good day. Now if I can only get my dog free of cancer…a story for another board I suppose.
    Great news about Hawaii Jerry. Got any extra room in your suitcase? Have a great time. When OSU is playing in the championship game I will be thinking about you relaxing in the sun with a nice drink. A little umbrella in it is a requirement!

Jimbob

Susi
    and Jerry
    and Caroline,
    Keep the good news coming. We need all of it we can here. Hoping and praying that this is the eginning of a winning streak.
    Looking for a win for the Beavers, too, in Hawaii. Great that a lot of alumni live there and so many students and players will get to go home for a visit.
    Jim

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert