MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

stem cell research Canada for leukemia

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board stem cell research Canada for leukemia

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    joyde

Is stem cell research for leukemia more advanced in Canada or Europe than in the USA?

I’m still here. Graduated from hospice this summer. Doing better now that my grossly enlarged spleen was removed. For now Vidaza and Hydroxyurea are holding me in place for my CMML.

Almost died many times in July/Aug because the spleen was pressuring all my vital organs in the area.
    Happy to be alive. Best wishes to you all. Joy

sdrake

I am interested to read that you had your spleen removed. My dad has CMML too with a very enlarged spleen. He has always been told that removing it is too risky. He had 6 radiation treatments on it this past January. It has shrunk some, and he is more comfortable than he was. How long have you had CMML? Dad has had it for just over three years now. He got along great with Vidaza for about 2 1/2 years. It then became less effective. He has been on Revlimid since the end of August. There have been some improvements although it hasn’t worked nearly as well as the Vidaza did. I would be very interested to know a bit more about you and your experiences.

Take care,
    Shari

jaxem

joyde
    i’ve heard a lot of research coming from europe & japan but not from canada.

FMM

Stem cell research in the U.S. for the treatment of hematologic disorders, particularly in the area of transplantation, is unmatched in terms of funding, and widely considered to be well ahead of the pack.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert