MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Such a beautiful wake

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Such a beautiful wake

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jeanswear

Mom was buried today after being waked for 2 days. The funeral director (dear friend of mine) didn’t understand why we needed two days. But he didn’t know how much mom was loved. We had over 300 people there each night. And over 30 floral arrangements. Mom was certainly loved. People we hadn’t seen in 15 years came to visit and show their respects. The Rotary club that I am a member of, made a beautiful presentation to my family. They donated a heart operation overseas in honor of my mother. So a young boy will now live because of the love my mother had for others. The funeral mass was beautiful. My cousin said a eulogy to end all eulogies. Not a dry eye in the house. The weather held out until the buriel was complete. And then I told mom she could water the plants and flowers we left for her. Sorry that I am rambling, but I wanted others to see that although death is sad, it can also be a beautiful and loving event. BTW, we raised a few $$$ for MDS that I am matching. Although my mom couldn’t be saved, I want to do all I can to make sure others can be.

Thank you all again for your kind words. They really do help.
    Your friend
    Ben

CarolineG

Ben

My prayers are with you and all of your family. You have managed to find the beauty in a very sad time. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Thank you also for raising and matching the donation for MDS. You are very kind to think of others at this difficult time.

Blessings,
    Caroline

sugarwhale

Dear Ben,
    You sound like a wonderful person, and what you did for all of us and for so many more was very kind and generous. All of us thank you.
    ~~~ Janet

jeanswear

Just wanted to share a few words with everyone. These were on the prayer cards. Everytime I read this, I feel her love.

SAFELY HOME

I am home in Heaven, dear ones:
    Oh, so happy and so bright!
    There is perfect joy and beauty
    In this everlasting light.

All the pain and grief is over,
    Every restless tossing passed:
    I am now at peace forever,
    Safely home in Heaven at last.

CarolineG

Thank You Ben.

It is beautiful !!

Blessings,
    Caroline

Ensnee

Ben,

Thanks for sharing what sounds like a very inspiring event. It’s wonderful how everyone came together to celebrate you beautiful mom’s life.

many hugs,
    Esme

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert