MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

swelling and absesses

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board swelling and absesses

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    annie-anne

First post,
    Has anyone had swelling or lumps associated with dacogen?

jaxem

annie

my wife had some recent swelling in her neck glands which the hema thought was viral.

Carl

annie-anne,

I took Dacogen for 7 months and had no problems with swelling or lumps.

Best tell yor Dr. as soon as possible.

jaxem

carl
    you went through about 42 weeks with the 7 rounds then. any bmb’s in between to check if dacogen was working or not? have you had any regimens of chemo prior other than thalid?

Carl

Jack,

When I started Dacogen they did a BMB and I had less than 5% blasts and my diagnosis was RA. They did BMB’s every 3rd round. They showed no improvement, then after the last BMB I had 12% blasts and my diagnosis was RAEB2. Sadly, I have since progressed to RAEB-T, transforming to AML.

jaxem

carl

i’m sorry you came up short on that long therapy. you’ve been fighting this ugly disease for so long. are there any standard chemo regimens under consideration? i hope you get a break on whatever route you select for the future.

Carl

Well Jack, when I get leukemia they can treat it with some serious chemo. but I’ll have to be in the hospital for a couple of weeks. Then there is no guarantee the chemo. will put me into remission.

But the best I can hope for is remission from the leukemia which will put me again in the MDS category, RAEB-T. Just like a (#@*!) merry go round.

annie-anne

Thanx to all who answered. I was finally dx with Neutropenia, a comp. of lo WBC of MDS. which gave me some mucous membrane swelling. Better now, after a short hosp stay. I’ve had 25 Dacog.treat. and am awaiting my 6th series. It’s good to hear of so many doing well after 6 series. Maybe I’ll be lucky. Good thoughts to you Carl. It’s a merry go round and a roller coaster ride at the same time, but I’m very thankful for Dacogen at this point.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert