MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Tahoe

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Kathy G

Haven’t heard from you in awhile – hope you are doing well. Still doing Vidaza? Drop a line and catch us up – miss your humor.

Kathy G

Terri

Yes there are a few out there we have not heard of. Neil hasn’t posted in awhile either.

tahoedonner

All good news….

We moved just a few blocks into a smaller house we remolded. With all four “children” married and in their own homes down sizing from an “empty” two story home to something smaller and more manageable on one level was more than overdue…the MDS diagnosis prompted us into finally doing it. My MD also lives in a craftsman bungalow that they restored, so our talks are split between MDS and architecture. Every one knows that “it takes longer and costs more” but someone gave us a very accurate formula for estimating the true cost…get three estimates, add them together and that’s about it!

One of our daughters just had their second child and first girl, “Lily”.When she tells people her name they all ask how it is spelled and often come up with really interesting possibilities since so many parents try to give new twists to old names.

Because of the move and going to meet Lily, we have been a bit out of touch. I finally got our computer moved and hooked up just last night.

Re the MDS, I had a seven day course of Vidaza a few weeks ago and had little in the way of side effects since my MD cut the dose and increased the anti nausea medication. He is more conservative than most about automatically starting another round and wants to wait to see what this last round does, since I went into remission for several months after just one round about a year ago and since Vidaza tend to lower the counts. I feel fine but get a blood test in a week to see what’s going on.

Best wishes to all!

Suzanne

Glad to hear you are doing a lot of good day to day living. Hope your tests come back showing the improvement you want.

sarah

Glad to hear you are doing well. Hope tests results show signs of improvement.

Kathy G

Tahoe-
    Thanks for replying glad things are good – seems like you’ve been busy with your move. I’ve missed your sense of humor. Hope John in GR is OK too maybe he’ll chime in!
    Dad did a round of Vidaza last week – it went OK – smoother than usual. Has a blood blister on his leg from an injection and I think he is slowing down this week as expected. Forgot his anti-nausea drug 1 day – don’t think he’ll do that again.
    Keep us posted when/if you do another round – hoping you get some good numbers.

Kathy G

KATHY1

Tahoe, Glad to hear you’re doing well and going about life as normal as possible. Congratulations on Lily (did I spell that right).
    Wishing you continued success.

Kathy

Terri

Tah, Glad to hear from you and all is going well.
    Keep it up.
    and bring on the laughter.

shirlsgirl

Hey Tah,

Congratulations! A new granddaughter, that’s wonderful! Enjoy your new home. Glad to hear you are well…best of luck with your blood test next week.

Jody

John in GR

I doubt if you need to worry too much about Tah. That tough old buzzard’s life goal is to vote for Hillary in 2008!!!

I’m going to have to do my best to stay with it just to balance off Tah’s vote.

John

tahoedonner

John,

Glad to hear from you! Guess the Spring thaw. ‘though late in coming, must have defrosted your computer and, I hope, everything else back in GR!

Got some really bad news for you….new granddaughter, Lily, is a Democrat!

I’m sure that you noticed that Hillary’e numbers keep going up….hope mine do as well!

Kathy G

Good to see you guys posting – the board needs some good humor now and again!! Keep it up!

Kathy

Terri

Glad to see you both feeling up to humor, That must mean you are both feeling better which is great news.

Joannie

HI guys,

Yes it is good to see you are doing okay! Life seems busy and full. Congratulations on Lily, there is nothing like a new life to give everyone a boost! Joan

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert