MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Terri

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    patti

Hi Terri,

I have not forgotten you! I am still looking for another source of the bone marrow supplement that mom takes. I’m going to call one more place tomorrow and see if it’s available there. I’ll get back to you when I find something out.

Patti

Terri

Thanks Patti, Bob has had a severe relapse, Subq Brain bleed (Lining of the brain, it is not active right now but surgery is not an option as far as we are concerned too many risk – Plts make his blood too thin.

patti

Terri,

I’m very sorry to hear this. Low platelets is such a hard thing to deal with. Do they have him on Amicar? Is Bob on a watch and wait right now or are they still going to do the Vidaza? How are both of you doing with all of this? Hang in there.

patti

eve

terri

sorry to hear bob is having complications- keep up the hope that things will get better –

my dad has had many months where he couldn’t take treatment because he had bleeding – ulcers, urinary tract infections, kidney stones

good luck

eve

Naomi

Terri:
    Wondered why I hadn’t seen you on the forum lately, so now I know. I am sorry about Bob’s problem and hope it all clears up shortly.
    Take care
    Naomi

shirlsgirl

Hi Terri,

I also wondered where you’ve been and hoped that everything was okay. I’m so sorry about Bob’s setback. Hoping he improves and is feeling better soon.

Take care,

Jody

Jack_dup1

Terri,
    So sorry to hear about Bob, this disease is so full of hills and valleys, hang in there, I admire your strength, I’m sure at times it’s challenged to the max.
    Jack

Terri

thank you all, it has been a roller coaster, I have been getting so much support from forum friends. I fear so much and Bob is being so strong and inside I know he is very scared.

The doctor will wait a month before he sees about starting the Vidaza again. I have so so many concerns.

Marsha

Terri,

I have moved Bob to the top of my prayer list. You and Bob have been much support to me and many of us here. I pray that Bob rally’s from this set back. How can one not be scared? I pray that God will grant you the strength and will to get thru this rough time.

Marsha

CarolineG

Terri,

I am sorry about Bob. Hopefully, things will clear up and he can continue on with his Vidaza plan. I hope he feels better very soon.

Blessings,
    Caroline

gemloyear

Terri, Glen had a brain bleed (stroke) 2 yrs. ago. He had short term memory loss and trouble processing numbers and difficulty speaking.He recovered pretty well as far as his speech, never fully with memory but quite well for his age. The bleed resolved and has not returned, thank God.There is hope Terri. You have worked so hard to keep your husband well,you are a wonderful caretaker.We all appreciate your support on this forum. Bob and you are in our prayers.
    Ellie

SusanJ

Terri,

I am praying for you and Bob. My daddy’s name is Bob! How is he doing today? Did the Vidaza cause his brain bleed? My dad is supposed to start Vidaza in another month. I know that there are risks involved with anything, we’re very scared.

Susan

Terri

Susan it was the Low plts that Made the brain bleed in the lining. Ellie gives me hope that this can resolve itself. Bobs WBC were off today I am hoping it is a fluke again. We see the doc next week. He is planning to do the vidaza again but wants Bob off for a month.

patti

Terri,

Hang in there. Have you talked to Bob’s dietician about adding Vit. K to try and help resolve the bleeding? I also remember Dee mentioning Amacar as a possibility to help keep bleeding from happening when platelets are low. Maybe Bob’s doctor would have some thoughts on that.

You know, Bob knows his body better than anybody and maybe it would be good for him to have a rest. If he only wants a month off perhaps the doctor would agree to give him time to recover from this latest set back.

Hang in there. This is a difficult time. Praying for you and Bob.

Patti

eve

hi terri

i hope bob rebounds from this latest setback real soon

in reference to the wbc (which we too watch like a hawk)-do they adjust his count to allow for nucleated red blood cells – i know i have mentioned this in previous posts-if his nrbc is high the wbc will be recorded higher than it actually is-my dad’s counts have been in the high 20’s and the doctors are not overly concerned – dad has been back on treatment for 2 months (had to take a break because of complications)-3 days 80 mgs every 4-5 weeks -the jury is still out as to whether this will be adequate, but the side effects are definitely better

good luck
    eve

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert