MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Thalidomide after Revlimid

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Thalidomide after Revlimid

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Leonard

I was on Revlimid 08/06 to 04/07 5mg day. For 6 months my HGB was steady around 10. It started to drop and I’m back of TXs. Rather than increase the Revlimid dose for fear of side effects since my last white count was a little low (3.2) and I had some breathing problems he has prescribed Thalidomide 50mg 2xday. He has another MDS patient who’s been TX free on Thalidomide for 2 yrs. Anyone else switch from Revlimid to Thalidomide and what was your expericence?

sgoodman

I have not had expereience switching from Revlimid to Thalidomide. I switched from Thalidomide (300 mg)to Revlimid (10 mg) and would caution that I found the Thalidomide side effects to be significantly worse than Revlimid side effects at the dosage necessary to produce effects. You may want to talk to the DR about trying to move up to Revlimid 10 mg to see if that works.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert