MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Thalomid Users

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Thalomid Users

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lescolb

HI – I would like to get in touch with others who are having success with thalomid. It is working great for me – no transfusions since Oct 2005. 12.5 Hemoglobin and 5,000 WBC – Platelets 370,000.

HOWEVER, the sleepiness is really getting to me. Would love to have someone to commiserate with. Are we all walking around in a partial stupor like me? Is Revlamid any better?

pigduck

HI lescolb,

My dad took thalomid for the last few months and was good until a few weeks ago… He was also TX free for the last 5-6 months or so.. and yesterday was when the bomb landed and now his counts are all over the place which means the thalomid has stopped working completely… I am guessing though…

My dad wasn’t that tired though – he overcame that… but the last few weeks he was really tired probably from anemia.

lescolb

Thanks for your reply. I’ve been taking 200 mg of Thalomid for the past 16 months. What dosage is you Dad on? I can’t seem to transcend the tranquilizer effects of that dosage. I adapted pretty well to the 50 mg and the 100 mg dosages, but the 200 mg really has done me in – I’ve been at that level (200 mg) since mid Oct 2005.

Sorry to hear he has TB also. That may be complicating things too.

THanks for the info.
    Lescolb

pigduck

he’s taking 200mg…

when he was taking 100mg it didn’t work …

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert