MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Thank you for your replies

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Thank you for your replies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jules

Thank you for all the helpful replies.I feel so much more positive reading all the information I have found on this site and realize how many questions I have for my haematologist;the only thing I’m finding confusing are all the abbreviations you guys use. I thought it was hard enough remembering MRS/RA [ha ha] something I guess I will have to get use to.The facts I do know is that I have a very high MVC [115] which I think are large immature red blood cells and both my bone marrow aspiration and biopsy show I have MDS/RA ,as for blasts etc I really don’t know.To be honest I think I was in shock when I was told back in July and have only just started to think I must learn all I can.Thanks again

jga_socal

No prob. My notes indicate that MVC is the avg volume of your hemoglobin. Normal range 80-97 ml3. Screwed up hgb cells tend to be larger. My MVC has varied between 100 and 116.
    See Lab Tests Online – CBC to get the full poop on understanding your CBC results.

Re stem cell transplantation, see the National Marrow Donor Program , a US organization. In the UK see British Bone Marrow Registry (BBMR)
    On the marrow.org site you can order a lot of free publications concerning Stem Cell Transplantation. But you might need to have a USA address. I am quite curious about transplantation centers and their success rates in the UK. But I’m not sure the BBMR publishes their outcomes like the NMDP does.
    Jim

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert