MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Thanks for your support

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Thanks for your support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Lolam

What an encouraging group you all are :p :p :p
    The Hutch called and it seems I may get the process started already June 29th. Everyone of course is rejoicing that my sister is a match but for me when no one is looking, I am definately eek !!!!!! Nice for all my friends and family to go around high fiving cuz I am the one who gets to have the BMT!! I guess they all think it is a cure so No Problem. Don’t get me wrong I feel truly blessed to have options..I know some of you dear ones do not. But I still can’t help but wish the world would stop spinning so I Could Get Off!!!
    My four out-of-towner grands are visiting just now, I rarely see them, they live in S Mexico.They are joined by the four local grands so my house is total mayhem and I am just loving it!!! Life still holds so much promise!! It just makes you want to do whatever it takes to keep living it, don’t it??

Suzanne

lola, Think your feelings are all normal from feeling scared to seeing reasons to live all around you. I have found this is something that does not go away even when the ‘next step ‘ is over and you have lived through it and come out the other side. I did not have the transplant but have friends that did. They are much like me-always wondering what is around the next corner even when things look great. It is something that takes effort to learn to live with-that combination of relief, joy and fear-keeping the joy on top and at the same time acknowledging the fear and nervousness. I am pulling for you. It is nice to have a few actual patients who are going through it to talk to on this site-even tho I love all you care-takers too.

Terri

Lola, Enjoy those Grands and know we are all here for you and will continue prayers.

Lola,
    I know exactly what you are going through. I will be in the mill starting tomorrow with pre-meds. It is one thing to know you have a chance and to be thankful for it. But, there is a disconnect between brain and feelings when it comes down to saying “this is it, we are into the process”. I have to say that I am very very thankful that someone will give a perfect stranger the gift of life; I have to be strong enough in faith and mental attitude (and physically) to make that gift work.

I wish you the very best and perhaps we will see each other on the 8th floor. I will be the one with the “dammit doll” hung on the hitching post.

Bill

Suzanne

Bill, Whatever a “dammit doll” is sounds like a wonderful idea. I had a hand quilted square from a friend who wrote me a note that it was ok for an adult to suck their thumb during chemo without calling in the men on the white coats.It made me laugh every time I looked at it! Good luck to both of you and I hope you do find each other in the hall.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert