MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

The Final Countdown

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board The Final Countdown

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    andrzej g.

I can hardly collect thoughts in my head.
    Today’s blood check gives no illusion.
    37k PLT, 30k WBC. The blasts are on its way outside.
    A lost game of chances.
    The doctor suggests the DLI and something they have to agree upon yet. Some info on Friday.
    I just don’t know if it is worth fighting on.
    Passing away has just started.
    I’m taking my days off. It’s time to forget about working.
    I’ll keep in touch.
    At least as long as I am able to.

andrzej g.

Incidentally – has anyone any idea on how to get a grip on Vidaza ? Who’s responsible for worldwide distribution ? Should I either contact the producer or the distributor if I wanted to ask for a free sample ?

shirlsgirl

Hi Andrzej,

I’m so sorry about your Dad.

There was a post by “Luke and Margaret” on December 23 2005 you may want to check out…also check Margaret’s previous posts. She went through quite an ordeal obtaining Vidaza from the US.

Take care,

Jody

Kathy G

I am sorry that your news is not good but don’t give up hope. My Dad’s numbers were lousy and he got platelet transfusions and red blood for 6 months and was able to have good days.
    Contact the drug company directly and see what they say about how you can get it.
    Hang in there – this is not easy I know but try to enjoy the days you have now.

Kathy G

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert