MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

THIS DIEASE IS TAKING MY DAD

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board THIS DIEASE IS TAKING MY DAD

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    hope&faith

He is in so much pain and it hurts soooo much… He went approx. 30 days ago into chemo and after about 9 days he was put into the ICU and has not left. It started with sepsis and an elevated pulse and lowered BP. After a couple of days that subsided and then it was stomach pain and distentsion. They wont even feed him all they gie him is ice cubes. Then they put an ig tube down his throat and that was there for several days and the bloatedness was reduced. Examine after examine and he continues to hang in there and never quit. Then they discovered that he has a mucor fungas in his intestine which was causing alot of pain and bledding, he recieved 10 units in the past 36 hrs and the bleeding has not stopped but with out surgery it has a 100% mortality rate. The whole time all my dad is asking for is ice cream because he loves his ice cream and they keep saying noooo.
    Yesterday I talked to my dad prior to surgery and he asked me to bring him some ice cream and told him i would. It’s so difficult because i am in the military stationed in hawaii and the flight i can get is a red eye tonight.
    Yesterday my dad had his surgery and they removed part of his intestins, right colon and his galbladder. The Dr called me and said we have to monitor him too ensure he has no more bleeding. Today he has bleeding and is in a great amount of pain and they have a breathing tube… I am flying out in a few hours… “Dad it’s okay to go to god and be without pain, I LOVE YOU DAD, PL;EASE dont suffer anymore…..

sorry sooo long

karenkay

I am so sorry for the difficult times. I keep all of you in my prayers and my heart truly goes out to you.
    I can’t tell you how many serious ups and downs this disease has. All I can say is keep faith and it “ain’t over til it’s over”. It can be despair one moment and joy the next. I pray for joy for all of you.
    God bless you and keep you.
    Karenk

jeanswear

OMG it sounds like what I went thru. Hope, please know that you are not alone. I am in tears at present remembering how painful it is. Be there for him and wish him a joyous journey to be with GOD
    GOD bless

Kathy G

Hang in there – this is so tough to endure. My thoughts and prayers are with you – I’ve been in your shoes. I’m glad you flying to see him – I’m sure it will make things better for him.

Kathy G

Ensnee

Oh, my dear, I am so so sad for you and your dad.
    It’s so heartbreaking. I pray that his suffering will end. What a brave man. Many, many healing hugs to you both…

Esme

VIOLA

My thoughts and prayers are with you !I’m so sorry … It is so dificult … I hate this disease!!!

CarolineG

My thoughts and prayers are with you. You and your Dad are going through so much. I hope that as you fly to be with him that you have some quality time together.

Thank you very much for doing the job that you do. Your Dad is surely very proud of you.

Blessings,
    Caroline

shirlsgirl

Oh no..I’m so sorry.

Thinking of you and your Dad…

Jody

lynette

I’m so sorry for you and your Dad. Take comfort in the fact that you have been a comfort to him. This is a blessing.
    Praying for you
    Lynette

sarah

Thinking of you and your Dad.

bhanson

My heart is breaking for you and your father. I hope he can get his ice cream. It is so hard to know how hard to fight. I pray there are better days ahead for both of you.

Sandy L

So sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope you made it there in time. My prayers are with you

Sandy

Terri

We are all praying for your dad and your family. I hope you have some time with your dad, you are so brave.
    God Bless

Joannie

I am so sorry for what you are going through. If it is to the point where you know that it is just important to make your dad as happy as possible, I pray your dad gets his ice cream and any other treat he wants. I remember when my mom was battling her diabeties and she wasn’t allowed any of her favorite things, to the point where she just had no joy. Her health and mind were going and then we took away her favorite things to eat. I know we were desperately trying to hang on to her even though I know we knew at that point it was a losing battle. But in retrospect I wish we had just gotten her all the great things she wanted to eat. I wish you all the best and all my prayers for everything you are going through. Joan

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert