MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Tibsovo Experience

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Tibsovo Experience

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Susan Thomson
    Participant

My husband had a year of treatment with Vidaza but he is dicontinuing it because it has stopped working. His doc has recommended Tibsovo (Ivosidenib) and we are in the process of waiting to see what type of coverage he will have with Medicare Advantage and what the costs to us will be. Does anyone have any experience or advice for us? We have heard that our copay on this drug can be thousands of dollars per month. Apparently this drug was just approved by the FDA for MDS a few months ago. Thank you.

Ashley Moncrief

Hi Susan,

Thanks for reaching out! You are right; the medication is newly approved. Many pharmaceutical companies offer financial assistance. Servier makes Tibsovo. I’ve copied their financial assistance site below. You may be able to get some help there.

https://www.servierone.com/s/patient/tibsovo

I hope this helps!

Ashley

Tracy M
    Participant

I am on Tibsovo and have had really good results with my numbers. I have been able to get it covered at ko cost through Servier. If approved for their program, you get approved for the calendar year so you have to get reapproved every year. My doctor’s office actually handled the process for me. They needed my tax forms and proof that my insurance company wouldn’t cover the cost. Once approved they mail the medication to your house once a month. Super easy. And the side effects have been minimal for me. My insurance is still not covering it because it was only approved for relapsed or refractory MDS (neither of which I have). I have low risk MDS with IDH1 and dntm3a mutations. Definitely check into it. I will have been on it for 2 years in April. Good luck!

Susan Thomson
    Participant

Thank you Ashley and Tracy. I so appreciate your responses. We haven’t had much good news over the past 2 years but your responses give us hope. Thanks again!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert