MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Time for some good news?

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Time for some good news?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    chuckk333

With all the posts re: increased problems, I thought it time to post some good news.

City of hope OK’d me going to Colorado to ski if I get my CBC every 3 weeks and if my platelets didn’t go below 50K.

My last CBC (12/18)showed improvement in the WBC to(2.5K) and platelets up to 97K. RBC still holding at 4K and HGB at 15.3

The only thing I have been doing is juicing a lot of green veggies and carrots, etc once a day, and juicing 1/2 a pineapple each day with a tsp of black sesame seed from time to time.

I’ve heard that MDS is a roller coaster, but I am enjoying this part of the ride as long as I have no symptoms, and can enjoy my regular activities including skiing.

shirlsgirl

Yay! Chuck…Happy skiing! When’s the trip to colorado? Unfortunately our Christmas has been a green one so far…hoping for some snow to fall. Have a great time!

Jody

Kathy G

That is great news. Nothing better than CO for skiing. My dad loved to ski and missed it. Where & when are you going? We always skied the Summit County area.

Have a great trip and enjoy yourself.

Kathy G

patti

Chuck,

This is fantastic! Juicing will produce such good results for you – keep it up! smile It is nice to hear some good news once in awhile.

Patti

Zoe

Thanks for sharing the good news. Have a wonderful time!

Zoe

chuckk333

Answering some questions: My wife, Myra, and I have been spending the winters (and a couple of months in the summer) in Summit County, town of Dillon, for a number of years. Something I don’t want to miss just because of the MDS dx.

Kathy G

Chuck-
    I know Dillon well – I worked at Keystone back in the late 70’s was a ski bum and would love to someday do what you are doing winters there with some summer months too. I am have been amazed at the growth I have seen in 30+ years there. I had a problem with the altitude the last time I went so we are now looking at UT for skiing.
    Enjoy yourself – the views are gorgeous.

Kathy

seekay

Dear Chuck–

Good to hear from you and to hear that you are doing well. What came to my mind, though, reading your post, is “Rest.” Don’t know how much skiing or other exercise you do, but it does seem to me that giving your body real, substantive rest, including regular, restful sleep, is vitally important to the healing process. Your body needs all its resources in its efforts to try to return to a normal, balanced state. Even when you are feeling really well, it is good to keep that in mind and to adjust accordingly.

Happy New Year!

Sincerely,

Christine

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert