MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Time for some good news!

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Time for some good news!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Chiparoo

Hi all,

Just wanted to share with all you wonderful people that I got a commitment from my donor, and I am about to receive the best Xmas present anyone with MDS could ask for…A TRANSPLANT!
    This Monday is the day I enter UCLA/Westwood for prep, then receive the life-saving marrow on the 28th or 29th. This very act from my donor is the reason why I think people are good! See you guys on the other side!

Love,
    Chip
    ——————–
    48, Dx w/ RARS April 03. Long arm of chromosome #20 missing. Unsuccessful month w/Thalidomide (severe neuropathy) Jan 04. Dx w/RAEB Aug 05. 2 rounds of Vidaza. Vidaza stopped 11/05 – no sign of improvement. Regular transfusions. Getting bone marrow transplant on 12/19/05.

patti

Chip,

Congratulations! I hope all goes well and you will see your children grow through all their years (even those teenage years!). smile Do everything you can to keep your body strong beforehand, it will help you. Have a very Merry Christmas and please keep us posted on how you’re doing.

Patti

Jerry

Chip,

Debbie and I will be thinking of you when we celebrate our anniversary on the 29th. I hope that it will become the joyous occasion for you that it is for me. Good luck and keep us informed.

Jerry

karenkay

Great news!! I will say my prayers that all goes well for you. You sound so excited and upbeat, it is wonderful to “hear” you. Keep the positive vibes going and keep us informed. Can’t wait to hear from you afterwards. Thanks for the good news, it is so hopeful. You are right, people are good.
    God bless,
    karenk

sugarwhale

Dear Chip,
    Without even knowing it, you affected my life for the better. Something just happened to me and to my mom which really destroyed our faith in people (It had nothing to do with health or doctors or medicine). We are feeling very bitter and betrayed. Your good news helps us to see that there’s another side to humanity. Thank you, Chip, and best wishes to you. What a wonderful gift!
    ~~~ Janet

Jimbob

Chip, I hope this trend continues and we hear more and more good news. I am really glad for you that things are moving ahead for you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you will be able to enjoy Christmas again and again for many Many years.
    Jim

Suzanne

Good luck Chip. Keep us posted on your progress if you can

shirlsgirl

laugh Yay Chiparooooo!!! I’m SO happy for you! It’s so nice to hear some great news. Merry Christmas to you and your family! Wishing you all the best and a quick and smooth recovery.

Take care,

Jody

CarolineG

Chip.

Congratulations !!!! What a wonderful Christmas Gift. I am so happy for you. When you are able, let us know how you are feeling. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You have a wonderful attitude.

Janet…do your best not to let the words/actions of a few destroy your faith in all men. Law of substitution….When you think of something that someone has done to you which is negative, immediately substitute it with a thought of what another person did for you which was positive. I’m sorry that you and your Mom were hurt. I’m thinking of you.

Best wishes,
    Caroline

Terri

Congratulations will keep you in my prayers, What a gift

Sandy L

Chip

Wonderful news!!!

SAndy

Ensnee

Chip, I missed this news somehow along the way.
    Probably because I was going into Toronto every day to visit my husband in the hospital! I hope you are not feeling too wretched, and I wish you every success with your transplant!

cheers,
    Esme

gemloyear

Chip, What a wonderful gift.We wish you the very best with your transplant. We will be praying for an excellant recovery.
    Happy Holidays,Ellie & Glen

diner

Chip, I missed your news and now you’re already in UCLA. I pray your transplant is a good one and you live many many more year. When I was at OHSU there was a room with a computer to use and maybe when you feel like it, if UCLA has one for the patients, you can check in with the forum.
    God bless you. Dee

TEMBO

Does any one have any information about Chiparoo, and his bone marrow transplant last December?

Many Thanks,
    Karen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert