MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

totally off topic……

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board totally off topic……

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    patti

This is totally off topic but sometimes it’s just good to be thankful….

Last night my son came into our room around 12:30am with a croup cough. Oh, been there, done that. Wasn’t too worried. Until we realized in an instant that he couldn’t breathe. Okay, now I’m in freak out mommy mode. eek After and hour and a half of trying to work with him we decided he had to go to emergency. Where I learned a few things.

1) if you are a child and there’s a children’s ER you get immediate assistance – how nice was this? Wished I was a kid when I was throwing up and passing out in ER 4yrs ago.

2) the squeeky wheel will get greased fastest – I was a little squeeky to say the least. There was no one else in there but us and it took us two hours in the room.

3) it’s good to be a kid again. You get a cool band for your wrist. Not one of those stale white ones. Wish I were there. laugh

All tongue in cheek of course. Our son is fine. Just needed some steroids. But it did make me reflect on the fact that I’ve always somewhat taken my healthy children for granted. Today I am not. I feel so bad for those parents whose kids have asthma and have attacks where they turn blue. Or kids who have chronic health problems (I have a friend with two like this).

So, if you have kids and they’re healthy, thank God for that everyday. If you have kids and they’re not healthy, be a squeeky wheel so someone will help them. And if your a grandparent, your kids survived childhood alive and gave you grandkids and you get to play with them. You can be thankful too! laugh

Have a good night!

patti

CarolineG

AMEN Patti !!!!

Mine are 17, 19 and 20 and I still worry sick over them, especially when they are not at home, which is alot of the time. I think we as parents keep squeeking until the roles reverse and we get old….then they start squeeking for us and our health issues…..at least they had BETTER !!! smile

I’m glad your little one is feeling alright. I have a Chronic Asthmatic. It is scary as anything, even now that he is older.

Caroline

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert