MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Trying to understand MDS diagnosis

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Trying to understand MDS diagnosis

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Terry McDowell
    Participant

My husband was just diagnosed with MDS unclassified. He has had high white blood counts for 3 years now and has had 3 bone biopsies with this last one confirming MDS. His blood counts are low but not alarmingly so The worst has been the high white blood cell count. He has been diagnosed with monosomy 7 and his report says high risk/poor prognosis. I am trying to be positive but am feeling overwhelmed with the prognosis. He is to begin Vidaza and is to start Hydrea. Is this a normal treatment plan? Some of the forums seem to imply these two medications together are not a good plan. My mother just passed from ovarian cancer and I was her caregiver. I am really feeling scared and alarmed. I know a positive attitude is extremely important and want to have that for my husband.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert