MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

TX

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Terri

We are on a roller coaster again, Bob had his first tx in over two years last week. Went in for last dose of the Vidaza and his hgb was down to 7.1. They tx 2 units. Now this week when we went they held to 9.3. We see the Dr this coming Tues where he will do his counts and also the slides with Smear. Praying so much. I don’t know what is going on, I fear the Vidaza stopped working. THe whites are hanging near 20, usually with the Vidaza they come down and then go back up right before the next round.

We do have some brighter news, our daughter is expecting Twins, Her son, Our first grandson was born 14 months ago and now she is due for TWINs in Oct.

Suzanne

Terry, We will hope for good News for Bob on
    Tues or another solutions quickly. Twins are certainly something to look forward to and haveing them so close to their older brother means that Mom si going to need some help!

CarolineG

Terri,

I hope that Bob’s counts straighten themselves out and the Vidaza works for him. I will keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Congratulations on your babies !!! Your Grandson will have a blast with 2 new little toys to play with. My nephew in the US and his wife are expecting twins in June. His brother, my other nephew…also in the US… and his wife are expecting in June as well. LOTS of babies coming in the US. None here closer to home where we can spend time with them.

Best Wishes,
    Caroline

eve

terri

they had to lower the dosage my dad is taking and the number of days he takes it because it was supressing his numbers too much and made him feel really really tired – his white count is also in the mid twenties, but the doctors are not that terribly concerned with that number (yet)

what great news about the expected babies – babies are always spirit lifting

good luck

eve

eve

Marsha

Teri,
    Extra prayers for Bob, that Tues brings great news. Congratulations on twin grandchildren, it is a blessing to look forward too.

Terri

Thank you all as usual for the support and prayers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert