MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

unknown bleeding after chemo

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board unknown bleeding after chemo

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    hope&faith

Anyone had the same problem, my Father in law was fine for a few days around his fourth week in hospital (after initial intense chemo) he’s had a number of issues, I’m just wondering if anyone else had a ‘bleed’ problem, they did surgery today and found something in his lower intestine that they thought may be the blockage they haven’t had the response on the biopsy on that yet but, found that isn’t the blockage and he’s still bleeding, they check his blood every four hours he appears to be in a position where they give him blood and he looses it just as fast anyone come across this following intense chemo???????????

lynette

Hi
    Many types of Chemo can lower platelets. At times, the levels are dangerously low. Rarely, a condition can occur called DIC where the body uses up it’s clotting factors. Do you know if the docs have checked your FIL’s clotting times?(the time it takes for blood to clot)
    Another thought, if he does have an intestinal bleed, the Chemo might make it worse because of the lowered platelets.
    Has his doc consulted a surgical oncologist?
    I hope this problem resolves soon.
    Lynette

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert