MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Terri

Haven’t been on too much lately, Bob’s counts have not really recovered since the Hurricane in October when we were without power for almost two weeks just through him way off. Can’t get the hgb up over 9, the plts are hovering in the mid 40s and the wbc are way too high 16, 18 we did get them to 11 one week but shot back up. Dr says not to worry unless they get over 20 and stay there. Thinking the vidaza is not working any longer and that scares the hell out of me. I am watching my husband deteriate a little bit at a time. He is back on the vidaza every 4 weeks now but it has been over a year now and its not really doing well. We are still doing the nutritional route, I am tired and worried.
    My prayers are with you all.
    Peace

Suzanne

Terri, I am so sorry. I hope things get better for both you and Bob.

eve

terri

i am sorry to hear bob is not doing well – in reference to the wbc – i have mentioned this in another post – when my dad’s wbc is high they go back and adjust the number based on nucleated red blood cell count – nucleated red blood cells are counted as white blood cells – for this reason the white blood cell count must be corrected for the number of nucleated red blood cells in the circulation – ask your doctor about this and maybe it will ease you mind a bit –

hope things get better
    eve

Bec

Dear Terri,

My prayers will be with you and Bob. This disease wears you spouses out too. My Dad gets very grumpy at times and seems to take it out on Mom. I worry about her too.

I am planning a spa day for her. Maybe you need one too.

Take Care of Yourself.

Bec

sugarwhale

Dear Terri,
    We’re thinking of you and hoping things get better for you. The Revlimid is now available. Vidaza didn’t work very long for my mom either; but we are optimistic about the Revlimid. Also, Essiac Tea REALLY works for my mom. In fact, she’s been doing better and better! ‘Hope this helps you. There are things that will help, Terri, so don’t give up!
    ~~~ Janet

patti

Hi Terri,

I’m sorry to hear things are a little uncertain right now. I so understand how wearing and worrying it is to see the little changes every day. Be positive, and just keep doing what you are health wise. Natural remedies ALWAYS take longer to heal us then the drugs do so maybe it’s just going to take longer for the natural to strengthen him again since you weren’t able to juice and stuff during the hurricane. Do hang in there, and take care of yourself also.

All the best,

patti

Marsha

Terri,
    You and Bob have been an inspiration to many of us. My prayers that Bob can get thru this downward spiral and get back up there where he belongs. Take some time for yourself too, my dear, you have been his rock as well as help to us all. God Bless you both.

Marsha

Terri

You all always lift my spirits thank you for the kind words

sugarwhale

Dear Terri,
    I just answered your private mail about the Essiac Tea. Let me know how I can help!
    ~~~ Janet

Kathy G

Terri-
    You and Bob are in my thoughts in prayers – hang in there.

Kathy G

shirlsgirl

Dear Terri,

Hoping things get better…Thinking of you and Bob.

take care,

Jody

karenkay

I will keep you both in my prayers, but please please take care of yourself. You sound exhausted and take it from me, you will crash and burn!! I am sorry for your struggles and frustrations. Bob is blessed to have you.
    God bless,
    karenk

sugarwhale

Dear Terri,
    Another friendly email headed your way!
    ~~~ Janet

CarolineG

Hi Terri,

You and Bob are in my prayers. I hope that things improve soon. It is hard to be patient with a slow recovery when someone we love is so sick.

Blessings,
    Caroline

B. Greene

Hi Terri, I really have tried to email you but it comes back as undeliverable. I know how tired and scared you are but hang in there and try to remember to take a little care of yourself as well. You know there are many options left. I know it is so hard but you will make it through this. You are both strong people. Here’s a big hug coming your way. Barbra

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert