MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Update on Jim

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Update on Jim

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    franm

Well, Jim had his BMB reults and the Oncologist said that it was pretty good but she said that it only means that it is good right now. So, he started Vidaza again for 7 days. His white count was 2.8 Hem. 13.8 and Plat. 198. He doesn’t get his full count back until he see’s the doc. and that won’t be until Dec. 11th. He get’s his chemo at the hospital and the Nurses talk to the Oncl. if the counts are up.

He sleeps more often now and he needs work done on his teeth but that will have to wait until he gets his counts up.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Fran

Tia

I’m new to this forum and I’m not entirely sure what to say, but it sounds like you have something good going at this time and I hope it stays that way. Good luck to you and your family in the upcoming months. God bless.

-Tia

Russ

Fran, Jim’s numbers sound pretty good to me.
    Hope he can keep them up. God Bless!

maueenh
    Participant

Fran,

My father just finished his 6th round of Vidaza and is feeling well. His counts are on the low end of the normal range, which is a great improvement. His oncologist has said that he will keep him on Vidaza as long as it continues to work. He has found that patients that stop ultimately relapse and it is difficult to get them back to the previous response rates. It sounds as if it is also working for Jim which is wonderful news. The counts you posted, were as of day 1 of Vidaza or the last day?

Maureen

franm

Tomorrow is Jim’s last day of Vidaza for another 21 days and then he starts again in December I think. His Oncologist appointment is not until the 11th of December.

Jim will take a blood test tomorrrow and he should know how the Vidaza worked.

Thanks for your concern.

Fran

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert