MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Update on progress

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Update on progress

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    paml

Hi, just an update to my status. I’m on my 45th day inpatient at OSU. My first induction started on January 4th for 7 days. While I did well, it appeared that I probably failed to obtain remission as there were residual blasts of approximately 14%. After the second bmb and on day 25 day it was decided that induction #2 was probably for the best; that was 5 more days of chemo. Today is day 19 and my counts have still not recovered, but we hope to see some movement this week. I have fared relatively well with some bumps but as my docs say, “my stay has mostly been boring, and boring is good.” We have also found out that one of my brothers is a perfect match for BMT. The timeframe for BMT all hinges on count recovery, a short but very badly needed stay at home, and a bmb after full count recovery to verify I’m in remission. During the period prior to re-admittance I’ll have labs done locally twice a week and will have 2 full days of outpatient BMT work up.

Zoe, this morning I met your doc, Rebecca Klisovic; she will be my inpatient doc for the next two weeks. She is very nice and I like the fact that her specialty includes mds, and BMT. What they do here is the docs are on hospital duty for 2 weeks straight, so Dr. Kilsovic is actually my 4th doc since I’ve been at OSU. All the docs specialize in blood cancers but not necessarily mds and BMT.

Best wishes to all
    Pam L.

lindajo

Pam, Keep us updated. I am thinking of you and praying for your quick recovery.

It shocked me when you went to AML I have had MDS since 1991. You have always given me hope that it wouldn’t transform to AML. This stupid disease is such a learning experience.

Let me know if you need anything or if you just need someone to talk to. Lindajo

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert