MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Update with good news

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Update with good news

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    chuckk333

It has been several months since I posted. I have spent the winter skiing in Colorado, so, yes, I am feeling well.
    I did have some back problems, and had an injection of a cortico steroid (80mg of Kenalog). I had a CBC about a month after the injection and my counts REALLY improved. I don’t know if there is a connection, but it is worth checking with your MDS doc. I asked Dr. Raza, and she said that counts can improve for some after steroid injection.

My counts have trended to improve very gradually since my first diagnosis 2 years ago, but this was a huge jump

Before injection.
    9/4/07 WBC=1.8K, Pltlt=91K– 12/04/07–WBC=2.5K, PLTLT=99K– 3/07/0–WBC=3.4, – PLTLT=175K

My red counts have remained the same, just barely in the normal range.

eve

so happy that you are feeling well – and had a good winter skiing

eve

choijk

Chuck,
    I believe someone on the forum has had good results with predisone (sp?). However, steroids have their side effects too. I hope you continue to have great results!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert