MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Urgent advice solicited

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Urgent advice solicited

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I am from India.
    With due reverence, I would seek your quick cost effective Best treatment prognosis patient alert:
    In 2012, I was detected auto immune disorder (AS), MDS, Uveitis and HypoThyroid and since completed 23 sessions of J & J’s Infliximab Remicade 300 mgs and last 24-25 sessions, I was put on Dr.Reddy Laboratories Redituxara and Ritiximab-1000 ml in March-April 2018. Since my platelet count hovers around 80000 now, now given oral steroid w/o much improvement- but definitely rate of deterioration is arrested.
    Besides, Spine Surgeon has administered nerve root block injection at spine
    Also under treatment of eyes and neuro.
    This is very much expensive.
    Kindly guide me as I am tired of fatigue and full body/joint inflammatory pain.
    Unheard it is non curable.
    Regards,
    Jayanta Bandyopadhyay
    146/2 Dewanagazi Road, Bally-Howrah-West Bengal 711201-24.10.2018

mdsfound

Dear Jayanta, Thank you for your post. We have two MDS Centers of Excellence in India:

Tata Medical Centre
    Laboratory Haematology, India
    Deepak Kumar Mishra, MD

Tata Memorial Hospital
    Department of Medical Oncology, Parel, India
    Purvish Parikh, MD

I would recommend that you seek a second opinion with either of the two MDS experts mentioned. If you have any further questions, please email me at patientliaison@mds-foundation.org.

I hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert