MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Vidaza

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Beth Stanaland
    Participant

Has anyone taken Vidaza for low risk RARS? Results? Side effects?

Philip Fallacaro
    Participant

I have asked a similar question to my hematologist Doctors and they both seem to play down the side effects. But if you research the subject, you will find a broad range of side effects from little to a lot of physically uncomfortable effects plus changes in your blood chemistry, namely lowering of white count and possibly decrease in other critical cells. The hope is the drug will eventually cause the bone marrow to produce cells normally and eliminate blasts(immature white cells that can proliferate as a blood cancer. Speak to several doctors about your concerns. The tructh is, every case and body is unique with MDS, and you will only learn the side effects once you start the treatment. That is the RISK. Can the Vidaza help or possibly hinder your condition?
    Currently I am sataying away from the available drugs, hoping my condition stabilizes and gives me some time to consider potentially new, safer more effective drugs that are designed to treat specific categoriy classifications of MDS.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert