MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

vidaza dosage

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board vidaza dosage

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    abe

Hi Neil,

I just started on my vidaza shots this week.My dosage is 150mg that is given daily with two injections for 7 days then 21 days off.I’m also receiving 200mg of aranesp every 2 weeks.The Doctor also prescribed kytril for the nausea.I do have muscle pain and some red welts so far at the injection sites.The nurse told me that they usually go away after several days.I hope to manage the side effects ok and pray that i get a postive effect by the end of the cycles.

abe

maueenh
    Participant

Abe,

Best of luck with Vidaza. My father was transfusion free for nearly ten months on Vidaza and in general felt quite well. I hope you have a similar response.

Maureen

Neil

Hi Abe,
    sounds like a good start! Keep us posted on your progress.
    The red welts should disappear. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don’t.

Maryvillepat

Hi Abe,
    My husband Chuck is on his fifth cycle of Vidaza, and it’s the third time around for him. He has needed TXs (2) during the cycles, but yesterday his rbc was 12, which is the highest it’s been for a long time. His doctor seems to think it’s working for him, although he was dubious when he put him back on it for the third time. Chuck uses Kytril, too, and he gets welts, but they do go away. Best luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert