MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Vidaza dosing

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Vidaza dosing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mt
    Participant

My uncle has recently been diagnosed with very high risk MDS-MLD and is not a bone marrow transplant candidate because of his age. His current Vidaza dosing has been 3 days for cycle 1 and 5 days for cycle 2. Has anyone ever heard if this dosing protocol? He now has blasts in his blood even though he didn’t when he was diagnosed a couple of months ago. I can’t find any references for this chemo dosing and would really appreciate any help anyone could provide. Thanks

garsch
    Participant

I don’t know much about MLD, I had MDS RCMD. I do have experience with Vidaza and the normal dosing for my treatment was for 6 cycles. Each cycle was 5 days of Vidaza injections in the stomach, then 21 days off for 6 months. Regarding the stem cell transplant I am 66 yrs old and I had one in June. I saw several people at the hospital older than I that who were also getting stem cell transplants so I am not sure age really comes into play. That’s really a call by your Dr. but I would also get a second opinion.

Cecile Huston
    Participant

I was diagnosed in April with MDS, I have been on Vidaza since June, each cycle is 28 days, 2 days on a Thursday/Friday and then everyday the next week, I am also getting a clinical trial chemo twice a month, I am now on my 5th cycle, some numbers are better, I will be 75 in a few days and have chosen not to do a bone marrow transplant, the last bone marrow biopsy showed improvement. If I can keep the quality of life I have now, I will continue with the vidaza as long as possible. I know it is not a cure but giving me time. Everyone must make the right decisions for their own health and with the Dr’s imput as well. good luck.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert