MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Vidaza Dosing

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Vidaza Dosing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mak1011
    Participant

My husband’s infusion center will be closed on Thursday and Friday of Thanksgiving week. They want to start Round 6 of his Vidaza on the Monday after Thanksgiving instead of the Monday of Thanksgiving week when it would normally be due. He is on the 5-2-2 regimen. Could delaying the start of the chemo by a week be harmful to him?

carol bolich
    Participant

i cannot advise but I would iike to ask something. my husband had 4 cycles of Viodazza and dr. suggested not doing fifth until another bone marrow transplant. was the vidazza working? we also are in area where no weekends so we get 5 doses then 2 day break then the last two injections

Daniel Reynolds
    Participant

Would love to have an expert chime in on this. I am on a 5-day schedule and, for a holiday, a 4 day, 2 off, fifth day. Was told that “it’s all the same” as long as 5 doses are given within 7 days. Guess there are studies backing this up?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Typically you need to visit your doctor’s office every day for seven straight days to receive azacitidine through a shot or IV. If your doctor has prescribed more than one daily shot, the injections are spaced only a few minutes apart. Your doctor’s office may not be open on the weekend. In that case, your doctor may suggest you get treatment Monday to Friday and then come back the next Monday or Tuesday for your full 7-day treatment. Or, your doctor may suggest getting just the 5 days of treatment each cycle – from Monday to Friday. Once you complete your 5 or 7 day treatment, you won’t get azacitidine again for another 21 days. Each 28 day period (5 or 7 days of taking azacitidine plus 21 days without) is called a treatment cycle. Your doctor will take blood counts and run other tests on you during the 28 days cycle. Based on your test results, your doctor may adjust your cycles to last longer than 28 days.

Ida Wallace
    Participant

A Monitored dosage systems (MDS) are a part of ordinary life. But now a day, things have started to change. MDSs are progressively referred to as multi-compartment obedience aids, are not the best solution for handling medicines, also care homes are start to switch to having medicines distributed in original packs. Also MDS require two organisations to be used — MDSs plus original packs for severe and when necessary medicines. Since I am statistics assignment writers at Assignment help folks. And I would recommend this advice to more people.

Jackson Barry
    Participant

Its really a good article. It gives me lots of pleasure and interest..!! Driver Toolkit free download full version

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert