MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Vidaza Leg Pains

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Vidaza Leg Pains

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kathy G

Has anyone else on Vidaza experienced leg pains? My Dad is having them and we’re not sure if they are from the drug or something else. They seem to move from one leg to another and they ache not a leg cramp.
    Would like to hear how anyone/everyone else who started Vidaza at the beginning of the year is doing now after 3 treatments.

Kathy

eve

my dad has leg pains – they did a doppler test on him to see if it was his circulation – it wasn’t – they have not said that it was due to the drug

eve

Andrea

Hi Kathy

My mom started on Vidaza in December. She had three treatments. The last time she was hospitalized with a clot in her leg and weakness and an infection of some sort. They decided to change her treatment to Thalidamide because the Vidaza was so hard on her.
    I do feel that it was helping , the doctor said there was improvement in her BMB.

Hope all goes well with your Dad. My mom hasn’t really had leg pains.

God Bless

Andrea

Terri

Kathy, Bob only gets pains in the legs if he takes his shots in his thighs. But other then that he is ok.

Donna

Hi Kathy,

Mom had horrible leg pains and was not taking any medication. I think Neil mentioned in a previous post leg cramping and it’s relation to MDS. It was one of Mom’s biggest complaints, she could not get any relief.
    Her family Dr thought it was related to calcium, lack there of. Needless to say, it didn’t help.
    Hope your dad is able to get some relief.

Donna

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert